Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co Sleeping moms *Edit* added a question about antibiotics and thrush

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok I gave in! Dd spends more time in my bed than she does in her crib. I'm fine with that. My question is......do you put lo in crib first and when they wake you bring them to bed or do you go to bed when lo does and just stay there all night? I usually put dd in her crib and depending on the night she usually stays there till midnight. Never later. She started all this waking up junk a couple months ago and then got a cold-its been a roller coaster for sure. She's also got a double ear infection..she's on antibiotics...no thrush yet but should I be doing something to help prevent that?
Thanks in advance ladies!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luna321
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Thats what we do Gabe starts in his crib (well pack n play) and then comes in to bed with us once he wakes up. I like having alone time in bed with hubby and Gabe sometimes lasts a long time on his own, other nights not so much!

deccaf
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:18 PM

She starts in her cosleeper, when its time to eat, she nurses in our bed, then depending on how she is sleeping, and whether I stayed awake or fell asleep, she will go back in her cosleeper.  She only shares our bed when she is being fussy

harleygirl880
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Ok...thats basically what i do.  Now..how about the thrush?  Something about probiotics?  What is that?  Sorry for all the questions!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:29 PM

He goes in his crib and then comes to me...sometimes hubby will remember to move him to his crib again for a few hours sometimes not

Ear infections can be treated with BM drops in the ears...you can get probiotics for her and for yourself so that you will prevent thrush

momma2rhylee
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:29 PM
He goes to bed with me. Lately I have to pat his back till he falls asleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Do whichever works for you as far as the co-sleeping. No wrong answers.

I think tabi covered probiotics... she's the expert on that.

lau55
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM

It varied with DD. At first, she slept next to my bed in a super reclined, papasan type bouncy seat. I would bring her to bed with me when she needed to nurse. Sometimes she stayed there, sometimes she went back to her bouncy chair.  Then she ended up in my bed full time. Would sleep in her bassinet only at naps. Then at 8 weeks she started a new thing where she wouldnt sleep at night unless she was in her bassinet. And she slept 8 hours straight. (No CIO or sleep training of any kind. I am VEHEMENTLY against it.)  That lasted til 6 months, and then she went back to only wanting to sleep in my bed. We had a crib, and it made a great clothes hamper.

SouthALMommy
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM

With DS1 he started out in his bed then would come to ours when he woke to eat but with DS2 the slightest movement wakes him so he goes to bed with me when I go to bed since I have to nurse him to sleep. He's 2 weeks old right now so it may change later when he's older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)