Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

period irregularites after normal cycle returning

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM
  • 2 Replies

wondering if anyone else has experienced this...I got my period back at  5 months postpartum, my baby is now 18 months and nurses about 4 times a day still.  For the last year or so my cycle has been really regular, about every 26 days or so.  This month I am over 2 weeks late, negative pregnancy test (second pee of the day though...?) and I do not feel pregnant, breasts are not sore, no spotting or anything.  I suppose my baby has picked up on nursing a bit in the last month more than normal, but I have never ever missed a period since I was 13 years old unless I was pregnant.  Did this happen to anyone else and did you think you were pregnant but ended up just missing your cycle? not ready for baby # 3 at this point....

ps- we practice natural family planning and it has worked for us the past 5 years.....also, are pregnancy symptoms less pronounced during breastfeeding (breast soreness, cramping, etc?)  thanks and sorry for the mulitple questions

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mama02040608
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM
It could be baby nursing more, but I would test again in a week if your périod hasn't returned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM

If you're using second pee, the test will not be accurate. First morning urine is needed. If a first pee test comes up negative., get to the doc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)