Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coddlelife Peristaltic Nipple... ?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

Anybody messed with / seen in person / used this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KKBIQS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0015X7HD4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=13YPYV8T66WW4PDE54TJ

Tell me about it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My toddler rides rear-facing because she is 75% more likely to survive a crash than a forward facing toddler.  I like those odds!  Learn more in the Car Seat Safety group!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

They look interesting never seen them bfore.  I use tommee tippee and they flex differently than most nipples...my son loves those and refuses others

maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Do you have a link that shows what this is? I've never heard of it.
RozyMama
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

They look interesting never seen them bfore.  I use tommee tippee and they flex differently than most nipples...my son loves those and refuses others

I am so torn between nipples right now.  I want to have 1-2 each of the Tommee Tippee and Playtex (used these with DD) and then a few that aren't SO wide like the Medela Wide, and then this Coddlelife one and I also registered for a couple Green to Grow... so we can work with baby's latch and figure out which is best for him after birth.

I have heard tons of complaints that Tommee Tippee nipples collapse.  Have you had this problem?  I want these to work because they now have pump conversion kits and storage lids and that convenience would be very helpful.  lol

My toddler rides rear-facing because she is 75% more likely to survive a crash than a forward facing toddler.  I like those odds!  Learn more in the Car Seat Safety group!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I don't really see HOW a tommee tippee can collapse....but no ours never have.  I pump into the medela bottles, when I come home I pour into the 3 bottles for the next day and the extra goes in bags to be frozen and then donated

ETA hubby said if the vent is blocked, baby is not latched right onto the full nipple or if maybe formula or rice thickened milk was used in a TT then it could be an issue.

Remember best to not give bottles for 6-8 weeks if you can after birth and MOM should never give the bottle

RozyMama
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I don't really see HOW a tommee tippee can collapse....but no ours never have.  I pump into the medela bottles, when I come home I pour into the 3 bottles for the next day and the extra goes in bags to be frozen and then donated

ETA hubby said if the vent is blocked, baby is not latched right onto the full nipple or if maybe formula or rice thickened milk was used in a TT then it could be an issue.

Remember best to not give bottles for 6-8 weeks if you can after birth and MOM should never give the bottle

Thanks for the input!

I can't wait that long after birth but I had no issues introducing at 4 weeks with DD.  Also had no problems if I gave the bottle, lol... but we avoided it as much as possible and will do the same again.  Hopefully there will never be a reason I'd have to give a bottle myself, but caregivers will need to.  We used Playtex the last time, just want to have lots of options this time to see if we can closer approximate his natural latch at the breast instead of just picking a "good breastfeeding nipple" and have it not really be right for him/me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)