Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

.o. ravenous!! .0.

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:48 AM
  • 10 Replies
Is this normal? I'm always hungry! It has gradually become worse since the 2nd month of nursing. I am 3 months into it. Is there something I am doin wrong?.. I thought I was supposed to be easily losing weight.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:56 AM
It could be you are not getting enough calories. You have to consume more calories for production. I know I'm hungry almost all the time ha ha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I'm hungry all the time too & not really losing weight much.  I'd be losing more if I was ff b/c I could work out.  Every time I try working out a little, I get even more hungry b/c I need those calories I lost.  Sucks. 

Ashley0709
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:53 AM
I'm always hungry too. And I eat. AND I'm losing weight. So eat, you need the calories for making milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:22 AM

It happens to me.. especially if I am not taking in enough calories/fluid. 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

autrey
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:44 AM

not so easy to lose weight if your not getting enough calories your body starts holding on to every thing you eeat because its starving for calories i weigh 225lbsscine haveing baby 5 months agohavent lost nothing so i was courious i checked out the book the breastfeeding mothers companion from my libary i learned i was not taking in enough calories to lose weight at my size my body needs 3000 calories to run, nurse ,and have a matabalisom now i now why i have no magical weight lose when your hungry your body realy needs more calories eat girl

bentleysmommy11
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:12 AM
I am about 8 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight. I eat the basic 3 meals a day, and snacks in between sometimes. I only drink water and milk. I don't feel hungry. I do walk daily and do sit ups/crunches every other day. I have great milk supply. Maybe I am just an exception? Good luck satisfying that hunger!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Eat!! If you are below your body's caloric needs, you will not lose weight. Eat till saiety. Eat when you're hungry.

JiaLilittlebee
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 4:41 AM
Oh thank you all!.. what about the chocolate cravings?.. does it go hand in hand?
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Chocolate cravings? I have those ALL the time, and haven't nursed in about a decade. I think that's just the normal human condition. **grin**

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 26, 2011 at 1:55 AM

It's a girl thing.... *winks* 

Quoting JiaLilittlebee:

Oh thank you all!.. what about the chocolate cravings?.. does it go hand in hand?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)