Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fengreek??

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM
  • 9 Replies
Is anyone taking fengreek? If so, how many capsules are you taking per day? mg??

in love      baby in sling

Brian & Wendy            Jayden Brian
Married 7/7/07            Born 1/13/2011

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stardar
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM
I did I was taking 6 a day!! It didn't work for me really.... More milk plus has blessed thistle fenugreek and goats rue plus others in a liquid... It worked wonders...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:00 PM

9-12 a day is what is needed atleats 3000mg I think is the minimum to get it to work

Why do you think you need it?

mss119
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I took 4 capsules at a time, three times a day, so 12 total.  I was told that if your sweat and urine don't smell like maple syrup, then you're not taking enough.  I had to take mine with meals or it upset my stomach.

Wenz13
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I have been drinking Mother's Milk Tea about 2-3 times a day & was told that I needed to drink more of it to get the effect. So, I thought of "supplementing" with the capsules. I want to increase my supply because I will be starting school in June & I want to be able to to have enough stored.  Right now I am EBF and pumping between 13-18oz a day. I know that seems like a lot compared to the literature I have been reading but I by no means want to have to FF...just a bit stressful since Im a FTM.

breastfeeding

priceisright07
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:24 PM

lol, I totally stink like syrup.

Quoting mss119:

I took 4 capsules at a time, three times a day, so 12 total.  I was told that if your sweat and urine don't smell like maple syrup, then you're not taking enough.  I had to take mine with meals or it upset my stomach.

cpflum08
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:29 PM
I only take four a day, thats all I need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Well I think you are overthinking this and an oversupply like what you have can really mean low weight gain and gas issues for baby.

Starting off you do not NEED a huge stash...you don't.  YOu need 1-1.25 oz an hour while gone..enough to cover the first day...think 8-10 oz for an 8 hour day.  You MUST pump while gone, baby must not eat more from the bottle than you pump in that same day.  Don't feed 12 oz from stash when you pump 8, that will mean your body will make 4 oz less that next day sine he took 4 oz less from you.  Pump once a day in the morning, every morning, even when you go back to school even on days off from school...everyday, this will maintain a good response to the pump AND make up for any extra you have trouble getting when at school, pump every 2-3 hours at school...schedule babies bottles and amounts when away so that baby is not overfed and so that baby is hungry by the time you get back(no bottles within 90min-2 hours from coming home).

I stressed this time becuase last time around I couldn't pump worth a darn, but as of next Friday we have made a year of no formula...AND no frozen milk..I use weekend milk for M, M milk for Tues, Tues milk for W, W milk for Thurs, Thurs milk for Friday ad donate all of fridays milk.  I usually have enough that I can donate 20-30 oz a week to a local mom that needs milk.  NO I am not a super pumper.  I donated my WHOLE freezer stash after 4 weeks of being back at work..I keep 100oz(enough for 3 total days) in my deep freeze just in case something were to happen to me, it would give my hubby enough time to contact my friends to get some donor milk.(yeah I dont want him to have formula THAT much)

Quoting Wenz13:

I have been drinking Mother's Milk Tea about 2-3 times a day & was told that I needed to drink more of it to get the effect. So, I thought of "supplementing" with the capsules. I want to increase my supply because I will be starting school in June & I want to be able to to have enough stored.  Right now I am EBF and pumping between 13-18oz a day. I know that seems like a lot compared to the literature I have been reading but I by no means want to have to FF...just a bit stressful since Im a FTM.

breastfeeding

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Depending on what was going on, I took between 9-12 per day. 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

autrey
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:02 AM

5 3 times a dayca go to 8 3 times a day what ever works for you if 1 or 2 work thats great but if not add one more 3 times aday every other day till yo where you need to be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)