Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why am i getting nothing

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
It has been 3 hrs since I pumped last and I am not getting anything. I am drinking. Grrr. I know there is milk in there. I have a pump in style so it is good. I get drops and there its a lot total. I have a 7 week old so I am use to getting more.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:08 PM
It sounds like you are having trouble letting down for the pump. Try relaxing and some hand expression.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Are you nursing AND pumping or only pumping?  Have you tried hand expressing?  Are you getting no milk at all or just a small amount

Daynaof3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I am wondering the same as Tabi. Also, is this recent? Are you having any pain or tenderness in your breast? Redness or heat?

LuLusmom1
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM
I am nursing but had to go back to work. I work 40 hrs straight before I got home. I have about 13 oz pump out and have until 2 pm to go tomorrow. I pump every 3 hour. I have about 16 hours left. Work is stressful but I have no problem nursing my baby. She is 7 weeks old. So I went and got a hand pump and then some herbs to try increasing my milk. She eats more that what I am pumping I know that. So she is getting formula while I am at work. But when I am home it is just me nursing.
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Lulu, she needs one 1 - 1.25 ounces per hour you're away form her. NO MORE.. more is overfeeding. I have a feeling you're stressed and that's not helping. 40 hours straight is not good for anyone, regardless of breastfeeding.

You also need to know there are moms who simply CANNOT produce for a pump. You may be one of them. If you continually cannot produce for the pump, that's what formula is there for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)