Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick question

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
Well 2- 1 we are 6 weeks monday but have finallý become fullý breastfeeding about 2 1/2 weeks, the 1st latch is still painful, only last maybe 20/40 seconds is that normal at this stage? 2)for tomorrow during church will u nurse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I would say it's normal if it goes away :)  At our church we have a Mother's Room that I use to pump in (DD can't nurse), but most moms just nurse where they are.  Good luck!  I'm sure you'll do fine and don't let anyone tell you it's not allowed!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Yep first latch on can be painful as long as that pain does not last through the nursing

If I attended church YES I would nurse at church, after all its how Jesus was fed and Easter is all about Jesus right?

bethann9988
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Yes it goes away after latch plus she is going through what I think is a small growth spurt where she just wants to nurse all day long. So I'm getting a little sore. She really would stay on all day long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

17-20 hours a day can be normal for babies under 8 weeks....get a sling to nurse in, will make life easier

MamaDee386
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

I am not a breastfeeding expert but latching on did hurt for me for a while and I do nurse in church.

Ps any questions you have... listen to Tabi_cat 1023. She is always on the money. Her advise has been soooo much help to me 

bethann9988
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Thanks ladies, I'm worried about church we'll see how it goes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlHC
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Yes tabi is amazing! My initial latch hurts sometimes, a lot more if I'm engorged, but let's up. A lot of times now I don't feel a thing. The first time since we had dd (she's now 6 wks) we went to church, I didn't have to bf, but took a bottle in case bc I was nervous. Last wk, I put my cover on and fed and will tmw as well. If we can't use our breasts for what God intended while in church, then where can we really?! Happy Easter everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)