Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For REAL?!?!!? (vent)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

My MIL watched my Ds and Dd today.  Ds is 21 mo and Dd is nearly 6 mo. She has not really watched Dd since she was born, because I don't really like to pump (had to do it too much with Ds). So I just take Dd with me everywhere. I don't mind doing that, anyway. But today DH wanted to run and do some quick shopping. So I asked  my MIL if she could watch Ds. She said she would watch both if we were gonna be quick. I fed Dd right before we left. She is making it about 2 to 21/2 hrs at a time, sometimes even three. One and 1/2 hrs into the shopping MIL calls me and the first words out of her mouth are: (get ready) Can I PLEASE give this BABY some FORMULA?! I shout NOOO! You cannot! She says Dd has been crying the whole time and will not go to sleep. I left a few of those gerber puffs for her to "suck" on . ( I have only given them to her a couple times and its tiny tiny crumbs that I break them into. ) I tell her all of this and she says well she prolly ate 20 puffs. OMGoodness!!!! 20!? How in the world! So I hurry home, get within about ten min from home, (we were shopping thirty min away.) and she sends me a text. "no hurry, sleeping now." What in the heck? Makes me no longer wonder why, when she was watching Ds, he went through all the milk I gave her , for the day, in about two hours. GRR!

Thanks for letting me vent!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyandMama45
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:34 PM
This is exactly the reason why my own mom does not watch my kids!! We will go visit, but she can't be trusted alone!!! I'd say lol, but it's true!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Sounds like she has NO idea how to comfort a baby without feeding them...thats so sad.  Does she actually have formula in the house that she could use?

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Ugh. Some people think the only way to soothe a baby is to stuff their mouths. My fil does some pretty bonehead stuff, too. I think it's also bc it's been so long since they've cared for a baby and they've forgotten how. Guess your taking dd with you for a while! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom_to_Skyler
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:44 PM

She's teaching that food is comfort.........bad idea.....

Ashley0709
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I didn't think she had formula. But I wouldn't put it past her honestly. I think I'm gonna have to raid her pantry. Just in case!  And Yes I will be taking her with me!

star33
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM
So much for a lil free time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misty14
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM

This woman shouldn't watch kids.

star33
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:29 PM
I think alot of people think if baby is crying they must b hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley0709
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:15 AM

I do have a high maint. Dd. She wants action and attention. But MIL knows  this so I'm not sure why she didn't try anything else.

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Quoting Mom_to_Skyler: She's teaching that food is comfort.... bad idea.

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)