Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i made some breastmilk soap! Updated with recipe

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:45 PM
  • 51 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yup thats right,i made some the other day.  i used a melt and pour base b/c im scared of using lye, so it was just simple glycrien. and i cut it up and melted it!  then i mixed in honey, and ground up some oatmeal and mixed that in as well, and then the boobie milk!  and poured in some old yougrt contrainers (um..... i was going to use someting else but.. this seemed eaiser, i could just cut it out when i was done).  so i let it sit over night and then i used it to shower!!!! WOOT WOOT, my skin feels amazing, and i swear after a few days my face seems to have cleared up some, not that it was bad to start with but a tiny bit.

ive also been using it on my kids, they love it, the oatmeal in it tickles them ad they laugh so hard when i rub them with it HHAHA  im prtty excited to say the least.

OKAY! so first yes it does get all bubblie like other soaps! and i did two recipes into one.  or... just suppsuted the BM for goats milk.  but i foudn this http://www.ehow.com/way_5437898_oatmeal-honey-soap-recipe.html so i used that as a base. 

here is what i did- i got melt and pour soap base - gyclerin

- cut up soap base, and melt, either in the mirowave, which is what i did, i just did it for 1 min and then stired it, and then for another and stired some more, and then 20 secons for the last chunks, and done

- pour in the honey- i did about 2-3 Teaspoons, and then poured some more in after that... idk... i just felt like i need more haha

- the oatmeal i had used a blender to make it super fine before i even started so i poured that in there, and then a little bit of whole bits of oatmeal.  and kept stiring untill it got thicker/ harder...

- at thi point i put half of it into the molds... b/c i wanted some with out breast milk, for like hand soap in the bath rooms and what not.

- and i added the breast milk.  i had some pumped and then i hand experssed someout as well.  and i read some where, ive looked for the link but i cant find it.  but i read that you use 3/4 to 1 cup of BM per pound of soap base.  so b/c i only did half i did a little over 1/2 a cup.

- then pour into molds,  after that i put and pinch of oatmeal on the top of the soap and spooned in the tiny bit of left over on top, just to make it more in the soap then the out side. 

-waited over night and then i used it!!!!!!  i love love love love love it.  i hope you guys try it.  you dont hvae to use the honey if your vegan or something, im sure you could just use te BM and the soap base and it would still be awesome!!

let me know if any of you guys try it-  also i get the soap base on line but i know micheals cares it,  i got the clear kind, but there is also tinted kinds as well. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Destiny13
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:53 PM

That. Is. AWESOME.

PUMPKIN1117
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:53 PM

thats so cool!

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Awesome! Does it get all foamy like other soaps?

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:10 AM

That's great! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Psalm127.3
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:39 AM

This is so awesome.. but I wouldn't know where to start. Could you send me (or post) step by step directions with ingredients and measurements?

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:51 AM

I would like to know too! :)

Quoting Psalm127.3:

This is so awesome.. but I wouldn't know where to start. Could you send me (or post) step by step directions with ingredients and measurements?

MommyAkaTiffany
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:58 AM

interesting! did you come up with it by yourself?

mamabaier
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:07 AM

I found this site because I wanted to know how to make some as well. The instructions are pretty basic and easy to follow. I think I am going to try it out!!

http://traditionalmidwife.com/mothersmilksoap.html

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting Psalm127.3:

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Thanks!

Quoting mamabaier:

I found this site because I wanted to know how to make some as well. The instructions are pretty basic and easy to follow. I think I am going to try it out!!

http://traditionalmidwife.com/mothersmilksoap.html

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting Psalm127.3:

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:17 AM

That is so awesome!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)