Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding and TTC or not preventing?? (Or those who have gotten pregnant while BFing in the past)

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ok Do you take test every so often whether you have pregnancy symptoms or not? If so how often?

For those of you who have concieved while BFing....did you have symptoms or just randomly take a test and find out?

I am a POAS-aholic! But I feel stupid for testing if I have no pregnancy symptoms. I have heard of mommas who have had no symptoms but been pregnant. I had no idea I was preggo with my 2nd until I randomly tested. But when I concieved my daughter I knew from the day of conception that I was pregnant...so I feel like if I knew from conception then I should certainly know when the time comes again...what do you ladies think??

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CountryGirl0809
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM
What is poas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Pee on a stick!

Quoting CountryGirl0809:

What is poas?

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on May. 21, 2011 at 12:28 AM
POAS pee on a stick! I do, every 3 weeks, if there is any chance at all (dh travels for work, so sometimes I KNOW there isn't a chance.) I buy cheap strip tests, like $15 for 25 online. I've been super tired and super witchy lately, so poas. Negative. My little nursling is 21 months and still no af, so I have nothing else to go on. I am a NFPer when I have a cycle, but I've been getting mixed fertility signs for ove a year, regular EWCM all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof4gurlz
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:30 AM
I did every month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kendrewana
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:33 AM

This is my first time bfing past 1 month. I am terrified of getting pregnant because I don't want to quit bfing. I HATE condoms, but I really don't want to get on birth control. My poor husband, we hardly have sex anymore. 

NoraDun
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:34 AM

So this is me...I am not ovulating yet and I have had the same thick unfertile CM for months. So I am just hopefully maybe I will ovulate and not know it! So I have been taking a test every few months just to check! I want to use NFP to prevent...it helped me prevent when I did ovulate back when my daughter was 4 months. But I haven't ovulated again since! :( (Now that I wish I would LOL)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

POAS pee on a stick! I do, every 3 weeks, if there is any chance at all (dh travels for work, so sometimes I KNOW there isn't a chance.) I buy cheap strip tests, like $15 for 25 online. I've been super tired and super witchy lately, so poas. Negative. My little nursling is 21 months and still no af, so I have nothing else to go on. I am a NFPer when I have a cycle, but I've been getting mixed fertility signs for ove a year, regular EWCM all the time.

catholicmamamia
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I use natural family planning to space my babies' births, three of my four children were conceived while breastfeeding, and I have not taken random pregnancy tests.

Each time I experienced pregnancy symptoms I *knew* I was pregnant, tested for pregnancy, and had positive results.

There is nothing wrong with your taking a pregnancy test when in doubt!

CLICK TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

masonmomma
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM
I got pregnant while breastfeeding and did have symptoms, other then missing my period, so I tested (well, went to the dr for symptoms, didn't think I was pregnant because I was still having a full period). But I am the type to test every other month or so regardless of how I feel. Come to think of it, I actually have not tested in about 6 months...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Well before my periods came back at 4 month PP I tested monthly just to know, after that no, and I got pregnant at 8 months. 

lifetimelove
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:26 AM
I've only taken tests twice while breastfeeding, after we had sex when I suspected we were fertile. Both tests were positive. I always knew I was pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)