Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old wanting to nurse again?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:28 AM
  • 14 Replies
I'm 29 weeks pregnant with number 2 and just the past 3 days my son has been interested in my boobs and nursing. He was only breadtfed for 8 weeks, but tonight he actually tried to latch on after I got out of the bath, before I had a shirt on. Is this normal? What should I tell him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
havensmommy820
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:29 AM
???? Idk bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyakabooby
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:30 AM

If you're comfortable with it, let him. I dont see a big deal with it.

ProudMomma0609A
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM

I dont know if its healthy or not because he'll get the colostrum...Im not sure how your body will react once you give birth if you'll make more colostrum for the new baby. So...BUMP

NoraDun
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM

I would find this odd..considering he only nursed for a short time and your not currently nursing a child...where did he get the idea to attempt to nurse (do you see my point)

My 2 yr old acted interesting in nursing again after I had my daughter. I nursed him until he was 15 months, and my daughter was born when he was 21 months...so he may of still remembered but obviously watching her nurse made him interested. I did not feel comfortable nursing him again b/c it had been so long since I had lost done it! It was odd to me! So I just explained that Mommy's milk was for the new baby. And that was it! He did drink some pumped milk a few times but he didn't care for it very long!

06-07mom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I probably would try it if it was me. mama milk is never not good for kids!

Kendrewana
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Bump

catholicmamamia
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:43 AM

It is instinctual.. :o) 

Quoting NoraDun: I would find this odd.. considering he only nursed for a short time and your not currently nursing a child... where did he get the idea to attempt to nurse (do you see my point)

CLICK TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

toughnsweet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:44 AM
This

Quoting mommyakabooby:

If you're comfortable with it, let him. I dont see a big deal with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Rest assured this is very normal and natural! There is no set answer for what to do (nurse or not nurse toddler) other than to do what works best for you and your child. 

Some mothers are happy to nurse.
Some mothers are not comfortable with it.
Some toddlers lose interest once they try.

It is entirely up to you.... how do you feel about this? is it something you are willing to try now? or after the baby is born? are you not comfortable with this? would you prefer to give breastmilk to your child in a cup instead (again, after baby is born)?

See.. you have options! :o)

CLICK TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

NoraDun
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:54 AM

If thats the case wouldn't all 2 yr olds who aren't nurse attempt to...I just would think it odd for a child who practically wasn't nursed to all of the sudden want to latch on!

Quoting catholicmamamia:

It is instinctual.. :o) 

Quoting NoraDun: I would find this odd.. considering he only nursed for a short time and your not currently nursing a child... where did he get the idea to attempt to nurse (do you see my point)

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)