Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for moms who have BF a second baby

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM
  • 39 Replies
Was it easier the second time?

I BF DS to 19 months and feel strongly about BF so I know I won't give up. I'm just hoping it will be a little easier and less stressful since I sort of know what I'm doing. I know baby has to learn too. What was your experience like? Easier? The same? Harder?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SillyJessi
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:48 PM

YES it was much easier.

See also:

http://breastcrawl.org/

Char07
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Easier because I knew more but I have had difficulties with all of mine, I was just better at solving the problems with each additional baby :)

robbianna
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I feel like the second time my baby didnt catch on as  easy as the first she never sucked as good as her sister (sounds funny sorry)  but she still nursed for 16.5 months....it was still very easy...and I didnt experience the sore nipples and cracking at all with the second baby. 

rkmom82
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Good question, Im curious also.
creationary
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Quoting SillyJessi:

YES it was much easier.

See also:

http://breastcrawl.org/

I have seen the breast crawl thing before.  I am just not 100% sure if it is better to do it that way?  Is it just to teach the baby to be independent or what?  The video says that most babies complete the breast crawl in 30-60 minutes, so I would just be worried the baby would be frustrated by then and be crying the whole time and my husband would be thinking I was crazy.  I would also worry the baby wouldn't eat in the time frame after birth that most people say is ideal (if the baby took a little longer than average).

maxswolfsuit
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:41 PM

It was much easier the second time. My milk came in faster and I was more relaxed.

mommyakabooby
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM
much easier the 2nd time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesli17537
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:50 PM
It was easier because I knew what to expect and more confident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elliesmommy404
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:54 PM

yes, but i still had problems,with him being tongue tied

livewell
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

It gets easier every time :)

For one thing, I never had cracked nippes the second time, because I knew to express a little milk, rub it on the nipple and let it air dry.

I can also do just about anything one handed now. That took time.

My body also adjusted more quickly to my baby's demands and it didn't seem to take quite so much extra food and drink to make milk with my second as opposed to my first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)