• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I have a Margarita?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have had one glass of wine and breastfed..but is one Margarita okay??

by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jessnjosh87
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Yep!!! ENJOY!!!!!!

creationary
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Depends how strong it is. I would put no more than an ounce of tequila in. I think that is the same amount of alcohol as a 4 ounce glass of wine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie_kat1
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM
If you would be ok to drive, you are ok to nurse. I wouldnt make it an every day thing, but an occasional drink while nursing is just fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mattsluvbug
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Do you have stored milk that you can give baby until the alcohol has left your body? Target sells the test strips to see the alcohol content in your breastmilk. Some say that the more you "pump and dump" the faster it leaves your system-not true the alcohol will flush out on its own.

RyansMom0810
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Thanks ladies. I bought Skinny Girl Margarita and would love a small one! I'm not a big drinker and have probably only had one glass of wine in 2 years! I was given Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville maker as a late wedding gift...but found out I was pregnant a few days after getting it and have not used it yet!! Time to make a Margarita..cheers :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM

YEP its fine, sober to drive sober to nurse

Krysta622
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Yes.  My general rule is 1-2 drinks, nurse as needed.  More then that, wait 2-3 hrs per drink before nursing again.

MammaQuinny
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:35 PM
I think it should be ok! I have done it! However i didnt have any drinks until my son started solids... I dont know i guess i just thought it would be better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)