Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I know a girl whose having triplets (most likely by the end of July, hopefully the beginning of August). Anyways, I was at her baby shower today and found out that she's planning to nurse them!! I thought it was awesome because I kept hearing comments from other people that it would be near impossible to nurse triplets. Her doctor had told her that its all supply and demand (go doc!). She plans to bf two of them, pump for the third, and rotate all babies (for example, baby #1 would have right breast, then left breast, then bottle, repeat). Her sister just had a baby three months ago and is planning on helping her by wet nursing when she needs it.

Anyways, I thought it was awesome that she is thinking of nursing. I don't want to give her unsolicited info, but I thought of casually mentioning this group to her in case she has any questions that you mamas with multiples can answer.

I'm still a little in awe... maybe I'll make her lactation cookies after her lo's are born :o)

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lynda12
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Good for her! That is amazing, I wish her the best of luck....those babies are lucky to have a mom like that!

maggiemom2000
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM
Buy her a copy of Mothering Multiples! Great info on breastfeeding and caring for multiple babies!
Needlesmama
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM

wow that is awesome! my lactation consultant said a woman's body is capable of feeding 5 babies at a time...supply and demand :-)

sharivegas0614
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Very,very awesome!!

athenaheim
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Yay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Yay what a good mama

ssraggamuphyn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM

that's fantastic!!!!!

toughnsweet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM
That is awesome!! More power to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM

that is so awesome!! yay!

littlest.angel
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM
That is unbeliveable! Good for her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)