Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this ok ???

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok I haven't done this little baby stuff in 5 yrs
My dd who is soon to be 5 months constantly rolls on her belly then
Goes to sleep
She always rolls to her side or belly

Should I flip her or let her?

Freaked about SIDS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mindi6103
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I've always heard that when they're able to roll themselves then its ok for them to sleep on their tummy because they have more neck control then.

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on May. 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM
The recommendation is to not PUT the baby on it's stomach yourself, but a baby that can roll to it's stomach can usually roll over to it's back pretty easily. Make sure she can't get her face covered with blankets, pillows or toys. Its developmentally appropriate; nature is making her roll to sleep, you aren't placing her that way unnaturally. Of course I'm a major freaker-outer and would probably sit and watch the baby all night listening to breathing. But I think all guidelines would say it's most likely safe now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Yup..once they can roll, leave them be. Always put them to bed on their backs, but let them end up where they will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM
Once they can roll they are safe on their stomachs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:20 PM
I put her on her back, but miss Rue always rolls, I stay up watching her lol

Quoting mostlymaydays:

The recommendation is to not PUT the baby on it's stomach yourself, but a baby that can roll to it's stomach can usually roll over to it's back pretty easily. Make sure she can't get her face covered with blankets, pillows or toys. Its developmentally appropriate; nature is making her roll to sleep, you aren't placing her that way unnaturally. Of course I'm a major freaker-outer and would probably sit and watch the baby all night listening to breathing. But I think all guidelines would say it's most likely safe now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Put her to sleep on her tummy, then let her do what she wants. If she's old/strong enough to roll herself onto her tummy, then she is fine to sleep like that. Stop worrying!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)