Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing pads

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 13 Replies
What is a good kind? I have one's but they are always rolling and moving around. The sticky part will attach to my nipples and it hurts. Any that will stay in place in my nursing tank?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ames3611
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:57 PM
I use Lansinoh pads. They do shift around some (mainly when I lay down and then get back up) but I've never had then roll up on me and I've never leaked on my clothes while wearing them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msboerschinger
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Quoting Ames3611:

I use Lansinoh pads. They do shift around some (mainly when I lay down and then get back up) but I've never had then roll up on me and I've never leaked on my clothes while wearing them.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
JoJoBean8
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:07 PM
That's what I have been using. When I am out and about they are great but when I am home and I nurse in bed they are horrible.

Quoting Ames3611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I have Lasinoh and J&J. J&J suck so bad.

Bella_Madre
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Lansinoh! I love them!

angeline
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Agree .. I've tried others and these are the best so far I still want to try Lillie pads and thus other ones that collect milk... If any one has tried them how was your experience with them? :)

Quoting Ames3611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nepenthe429
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I used the Avent pads, those are pretty good but I think Lansinoh are the best.  I was a big leaker, soaked through many pads a day until my boobs got adjusted around 6 or 7 months.  I still leak and have been nursing my 3rd for over 2 years but don't use the pads much anymore.  I have the Lily pads and used them a total of 2 times, mainly when I was in my mega-leaker stage.  The thing that I didn't like about them was putting them back on.  You just can't be subtle about it.  After you peel them off for breastfeeding (nearly impossible to do that in a subtle fashion), then you have to wash them, dry them and reapply.  If it is going to be your go-to nursing pads, you definitely need 2 or 3 pairs.  I think they would work better for me now that I'm not nursing so much and I'm not leaking so much.  But if you are nursing a lot and leaking a lot and going to be out and about with the baby, I wouldn't recommend the Lily Pads.  I haven't used the other ones that collect milk.  

rkmom82
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM

The Lansinoh are my favorites... But I know what you about leaking when you lay down... I would keep a burp cloth or receiving blanket under the "girls" at night for back up.. And sometimes stuff one down my tank.. Just in case... Changing bed sheets get old..

lilyofthepalms
by on May. 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM
I use cloth Nursing pads. They're so much more comfortable, absorb a lot, are breathable for your nipples, and you never have to keep buying more! Bamboobies brand are totally awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pipsqueak01
by on May. 22, 2011 at 3:08 PM

medela nursing pads are suppose to work well, haven't tried them out yet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)