• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats wrong w/ me?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
Lately my right breast, biggest producing side, has hurt when baby latches, which it hasn't since week 1. Now it stays kind of sensitive and sore. I usually feel let down but now it friggin hurts! Even pumping! I don't see any redness or swelling. But now I feel kinda yucky. Like I feel run down, weak, light headed/dizzy, and just sorta out of it. I'm nauseus on top of that. Is this just a flue bug going around, lack of sleep, or mastitis?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CowgirlHC
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Now I'm getting occaisional sharp shooting pains in my right side
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Bump , I've heard pain w flu like symptoms can be mastitis
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlHC
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM
That's what I'm worried about. What causes it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlHC
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Oh and my nipples kinda sting after feeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:38 PM

could be thrush with the stinging.

countrygirlkat
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM

It very well could be mastitis I think.  I haven't had it but my sister did and she got a bad fever, felt aweful, had the breast pain, etc.  I think it is caused by a clogged duct that gets infected but I am not too sure.  She had to get antibiotics and keep nursing on that side to help the clog I think and it went away in a few days.  Good luck.

Riahsmom1
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Ok yes it is probably mastitis! All the times I've had it, I take raw garlic, massage with heat, nurse with baby on bottom to help pull out clog. Its usually gone within 24 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvbeinamommy68
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM

my son has thrush and im just now getting it. i feel pretty crappy, really tired and my right boob its starting to hurt like hell! worse when he nurses. hope you feel better soon!!

CowgirlHC
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. So how do I determine if its thrush or mastitis or a clogged duct? How do I find where the clog is to massage it? Sorry, this is my first baby and I'm so proud she's been ebf and don't want to lose momentum!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cek302
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM

When I've had clogged ducts, they feel like frozen blueberries (in size & texture not temperature!). The LC told me they could be warm to the touch or red, but mine were not. She told me to massage them while nursing, if possible point the babies' chin in the direction of the duct to help drain while feeding, apply cold compress to reduce swelling. I also just got over a mild case of thrush. The remedies she prescribed to me were: air dry nipples, replace breast pads after every let down, wash nipples with mild vinegar after each feeding (and air dry after), take probiotics - review www.drjacknewman.com for more tips (her recommended source). She said the shooting pains  in the breast & burning sensation in the nipples were a strong indicator of thrush. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)