• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm losing my MIND today!! I feel like the worst mom!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

I swear my DS is only happy if he has a boob in his mouth! I nursed him for like 45 min about an hour ago and he fell asleep...for about 20 min. He woke up and started crying and has been screaming his little head off for the past 15 minutes. Which has upset me and now I'm crying. I don't know what to do for him sometimes. How can I have him latched on to me ALL day?! Is there something else that could be bothering him?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Do you think he could possibly have an ear infection?  My 9 week old has one right now and has wanted to nurse all day too and will only sleep short periods before waking up screaming.  Just a thought.

maggiemom2000
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:51 PM
It could be a growth spurt, teething, fighting a cold/virus, to name a few. Hang in there, park yourself on the couch or in bed and watch a bunch of movies. It will pass!
KoalaMomma119
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:52 PM

No fever, no drainage from his ears. I've given him gas drops, massaged his tummy, pushed his knees up towards his tummy and nothing. Still screaming...I guess I'll just latch him on and let him nurse. He acts like he's starving! Its times like these when I just wanna give up BF.

pixiefunk
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Do you have a sling or a wrap? Maybe wear the baby to keep him asleep more during the day?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM

4 month growth spurt...its a killer, yes let him be attached to the boob all day, get a sling or wrap it will pass...

Mom_to_Skyler
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Sounds like a normal newborn to me...

My kids were attached for about 15 hours a day in the beginning.  Maybe a sling will help you get "things" done while allowing you to give your newborn what he needs.

Just a reminder - nobody will remember next week what your house looks like today.  Cut out the unnecessary.  Feed the family and make sure everybody has clean-enough clothes.  That's all that matters.

michelle856
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:16 PM

My LO nursed A LOT the first few months. I just settled in the recliner and relaxed with him.  Now he is a little wiggle worm. he will nurse for about 10 min on each side then pull himself up to sitting.  Time passes so fast, don't give up. 

KoalaMomma119
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:46 AM

After nursing him for another 20 minutes, I burped him, gave him gas drops and then layed him down and pushed his knees towards his tummy and he let out 3 loud farts! He nursed one more time about an hour ago and just fell asleep in his swing. I guess I really need to figure out how to nurse him in the moby...we tried that last night but he just didn't look comfortable :(

luvbeinamommy68
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM

i am going through the same thing right now. its so hard and tiring! I have been pumping every once in a while on my left side (since he only takes my right side) and store it. this way i can get a little break every now and then and let hubby feed him with a bottle. like today, he took all 4 kids this morning and let me sleep in till noon. it felt great! i have a ring sling and love it! he loves it too! i use it alot and its so easy to nurse him in that.

manda-nicole010
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:52 AM

My daughter started doing this at 3 months... I was told to start her on a small amount of solids (one of the stage one jars would last longer then three days but after three days you throw them away) and it solved the problem. The breast milk wasn't enough to fill her and make her happy... she needing some substance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)