• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those of you who have tandem nursed???

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

For those who nursed throughout pregnancy...Did nursing through the pregnancy make the after delivery nursing pains better or worse??

After got pregnant with my daughter when my son was 12mns. I wanted to nurse him the whole  pregnancy but he self weaned at 15 months. I ended up delivering my daughter at home. I nursed her the whole 1hr 15 mins to the hospital and starting the last 15 min of the ride I began contraction so bad (it was worse the labor) I was shaking and throwing up. This continued everytime I nursed my daughter for the first 12 hrs or so after delivery. It was so painful and horrible...I would nurse her for a minute or two and then I would have to have a nurse or Hubby standing by to hand my daughter to while I would get sick from the pain. I dreaded nursing her! So I am hoping to conceive again soon (my Daughter is 11 months) and I am hoping to be able to nurse through the pregnancy this time. So I was curious if nursing through the pregnancy...keeping my uterus toned will help the after delivery contractions!

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NoraDun
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM

BUMP!

mama02040608
by on May. 22, 2011 at 3:24 PM
I never tandemed but I would imagine it wouldn't change it too much. Your uterus still has to get down to the size of a pear from the size of a watermelon! And that's what the afterpains do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Yes but only while breastfeeding. None of my non-breastfeeding friends ever experienced anything like I did after delivery!

Quoting mama02040608:

I never tandemed but I would imagine it wouldn't change it too much. Your uterus still has to get down to the size of a pear from the size of a watermelon! And that's what the afterpains do.

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

mama02040608
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM
I never had afterpains like you did. And I bf all 4 of mine plus had sections. The uterus has to involute whether you bf,ff, or god forbid don't have a live baby to feed at all. The oxytocin released during nursing might be what makes it more acutely painful for some bf moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 23, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Message tabi and gruntlings... they have experience. From what I have observed over the past decade, there isn't any impact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)