Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT Ergo baby carrier?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do any of you use one? I have a Maya Wrap sling and my son doesn't seem to like it and neither do I. I'm looking into the Ergo, but I want to get others' opinions before I buy since it's a little higher priced. Do you like it? Has anyone tried it with the infant insert for smaller babies? And where can I find a good deal? Thanks!

wearing crown in love toddler girlbreastfeeding
Happily married, proud SAHM to Lexi (Nov. '08) and Elijah (Apr. '11).

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Char07
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM
I want one sooooo bad, maybe next baby cuz it doesn't look like I can get one anytime soon. I have a mei tai I love though but the ergo looks like could be a little more comfy to wear :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MNLETLE
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:05 AM
I ain't say lots bc I'm mobile, but I LIVE my Ergo although it is probably most ideal for kids who are sitting up...just my opinion, but I haven't tried the insert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christina807
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:14 AM
I didn't get mine until my daughter was 15 months old, so no experience with little babies with it. I love it, though. The only thing is we live in SC so it won't be used much in the summer when outside. It's just too hot for both of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:23 AM
I got mine half price on baby steals I have the cinnamon colored organic one, and it's great. I used slings before which worked nicely, but I like the ergo better for an older baby. I didn't have it when DD was a newb so I don't know about for little ones. If you can't find them half off in the baby steals archive they usually have a couple new in box on their resale forum.
Pugsmuggler
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:12 AM
I loooove mine! Ds loves it! I have used it since he was 3 weeks old. The infant insert works great. No hints on finding it cheap :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caitkelly
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:51 AM

LOVE my Ergo!!  I used it all the time with DS1, starting at about 6 months when I got it.  He always loved being carried in it (more than our other carriers), and my favorite part is probably the sun shade/sleeping hood thing.  

DS2 is 11 weeks old now, but I don't have the infant insert.  I tried putting him in it, but he's really just not comfortable and fusses, so I'd recommend the insert if you want to use it soon.   I'll probably stick with our Moby until he's a bit older.

SchatziBee
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:17 AM
I adore my Ergo and own 4 now :) The infant insert works Fantastically. DD is so snuggled in she'd happily hang out all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 23, 2011 at 4:28 AM

LOVE the ergo! Never used it for a newborn because I preferred slings/wraps for small babies. Bought mine from BabiesRUs, regular price.  

CLICK TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

sunnyflower417
by on May. 23, 2011 at 5:22 AM

I love the privacy of nursing in the ergo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracelynmommy
by on May. 23, 2011 at 9:02 AM

we love our ERGO also. we own 2 and it is the best carrier ever i still wear my 6 year old on occasion and it is comftorable . she is little only 42 lbs. when my DH and i tracveled recently we didnt take a stroller we both wore the girls in the ergo. it made running thru the airport easy. and i love it for zoo trips my youngest will be 3 in august and we go walk and i just take the ergo along incase she gets tired of walking.

oh and my birth board for youngest DD i think we all own one thanks to a recomendation from a sweet mama.

Quoting SchatziBee:

I adore my Ergo and own 4 now :) The infant insert works Fantastically. DD is so snuggled in she'd happily hang out all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)