Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is it too early to stop breastfeeding?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:40 AM
  • 52 Replies
My husband n I are planning to go for a vacation this July without our baby. I'm currently breastfeeding my baby n in July she'll only be 3 n half months when we leave for a vacation. Is it too early to stop breastfeeding my baby? My hubby n I really need a vacation cuz we just got married last Dec. ( I was already 6 mo.'s pregnant back then) n we still haven't had any honeymoon yet. Also, that's the only time I'll be available to go for a vacation cuz I'll have a school course starting Aug.
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDMMOM
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:43 AM
You can pump and save it untill you go on vacation. Then who ever is feeding her can useit. You might want to start pumping in june to make sure you have enough.
EvasMama
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:43 AM

I have a lot of things I'd like to say in response to this post, but I'd come off quite rude if I did.

So my short answer is yes, it is too soon.

misssy2000
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:44 AM
maybe you dont have to stop. Maybe you could leave some milk and then pump while your on vacation. me and the hubby are also going on vacation and my daugher will be ten months. Well i plan yo pump while I am away and leave er enough solids to eat with my breast milk. But before you go make sure your daughter will take breastmilk from a bottle!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:46 AM
It is early to stop (you'll need to go to formula)...but you don't have to stop in order to travel.

You have a couple of options...you can take the baby or take a pump.
HudsonsMommy
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:47 AM
I agree... If I were going on vacation, I would pump. But bfing is very important to me. Everyone syops at different times. Whatever works for you.
mommylovespink
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:50 AM
well it kinda sounds to me like your using the vacation as an excuse to quit beacause you can easly pump. but if you feel like you want to quit nursing then thats up to you its never too early to quit but think about all the good things your giving your baby.and also the extra 500 calories a day your losing!!!
misssy2000
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:50 AM
but my daughter much older is there anyway for you to post pone this trip, maybe a sememster. Becouse at this early in life its hard enough to keep up with bf and it may be very har on the baby. And stopping just to travel isnt the greatest. maybe you could take a gramdparent with you and get her a seperate hotel room and and when you guys get back from romantic time together you could feed your baby!
misssy2000
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 12:52 AM

when did you plan to stop in the first place?

sadiebear
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 1:09 AM

Breastfeeding is very important to me aswell. Having a vacation is not my reason to stop breastfeeding. I want to breastfeed as long as I could but I don't know how I could keep up breastfeeding if I'm going away for a vacation without my baby. I could pump but I'm planning to go away for 2 weeks. Would I loose my milk production? I don't really want to stop breastfeeding that early. I could take the baby with us but she's too young to go out of country.

buqedonnie
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 1:19 AM
Im sorry I dont wan to sound roud or hurt your feelings.. dont you think your baby is to young to be without you for 2 weeks. and for you to go to nother country? wish you a luck. just thinks about it thou......I took my doughter on a plane when she was 4 months old, and it was fine..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)