Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing solids

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:39 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 4 months, I am not planning on introducing solids till after 6 months. I want to know what the abolsute LATEST is to start solids? I want him to EBF as long as possible; thinking about starting solids makes me sad :( LOL I feel like he is going to need me less. 

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lifetimelove
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:42 AM
Latest? I'd say around a year. I fully believe once you past the 6 month mark you'll just *know* when the right time is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:11 AM

This - -there's no rush to start solids :)

Quoting lifetimelove:

Latest? I'd say around a year. I fully believe once you past the 6 month mark you'll just *know* when the right time is.

kyriesmommy13
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:30 AM
Breastmilk is all baby needs for the first year of life, so you don't have to give solids until after the first year, if you don't want to. We did baby-led solids and Kyrie started feeding herself table foods around 10 months of age (even though she had the pincer grasp, ability to sit unassisted, and lost the tongue thrust reflex before 6 months of age). It was so much nicer doing it that way. I waited until she was truly interested in foods, and then she did great (although, it was another half year or more until she was actually eating small meals throughout the day).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coliemum
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM
I want to thank you for asking this question. My DD just turned 4 months and I was wondering the same thing! Does any have any links that show the benefits of baby-led or delaying solids. I'm going to need all the info I can get for Hubby and peds. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)