Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We make smart babies with our milk. =) That's all the convincing I need.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/mama-resources/expert-panel/dr-laura-markham/does-breastfeeding-have-an-effect-on-iq

Check out what this article has to say. Sorry It wouldn't let me cut/copy and paste here. If someone else could that would be great!

Basically the article said that us mommies who chose to breastfeed, are more educated, thus we chose to breastfeed, which in return on average makes our babies 40% smarter, and score 5.2 points higher on an IQ test than formula fed babies. 

(If you are wondering where this comes from, I'm doing a reseach paper for one of my summer class about the things that effect a childs advancements and delays in meeting milestones both physically and mentally from birth to age 1. IF you have any insight or like to help out let me know!)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Thank you for sharing! 

Picture131.gif breastfeeding image by Positivemom 

ilyenakitty
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:47 AM

(If you are wondering where this comes from, I'm doing a reseach paper for one of my summer class about the things that effect a childs advancements and delays in meeting milestones both physically and mentally from birth to age 1. IF you have any insight or like to help out let me know!)

might want to look into constant on-on-one incorperating teaching into play... that has helped alot with my 15 month old. His fine motor, cognitive, and gross motor skills were all at the 20-24mo level when he was 12mo. 
I was part of a parenting study through IUPUI (joint Indiana/Perdue campus in indianapolis) that included a "Denver Test". not sure when they will release the results.
mcclellanlass
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:48 AM

OMG! Thank you for this!

Quoting ilyenakitty:

might want to look into constant on-on-one incorperating teaching into play... that has helped alot with my 15 month old. His fine motor, cognitive, and gross motor skills were all at the 20-24mo level when he was 12mo. 
I was part of a parenting study through IUPUI (joint Indiana/Perdue campus in indianapolis) that included a "Denver Test". not sure when they will release the results.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

ilyenakitty
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:13 AM

of course, i am also one of those mothers who jump up to hold him if he hurts himself, and try and cuddle him as much as possible despite him being rather independant.  I mean, I use the pack n' play as "time out" and have since he started walking at 8mo: amazing what total ignoring of a child for 5 minutes after he does something wrong does to train behavior, especially when he is used to constant contact, affection, and mommy joining in on his play.

mcclellanlass
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM
I totally agree. Its a night and day difference. I'm like you. I'm very interactive with our son (8 months just barely) as well as his dad (hubby) and all his grandparents and great grandparents. We are all very much interactive with him all day and he is very confident and independent. He's already trying to walk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)