Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unclogging a duct at the TOP of the boob??

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
How do I get her chin there!! Lol maybe if I lay down and... Put her legs toward my head?? Bloody hell.. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Heat, massage, ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory properties), and position yourselves while in a side-lying position. 

Picture131.gif breastfeeding image by Positivemom 

CuSukha
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I'd try football hold and rubbing the clogged area very lightly while she is nursing and maybe but a hot compression or taking a hot shower and massaging the area.

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Don't forget to increase your fluids and rest!  :o) 

PUMPKIN1117
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:58 AM

its still hurty. it feels soft though. i hope its unclogged and just sore. i have motrin and antibiotics that i got for the shooting pains i was getting so i hope it helps. 

laureng22
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:32 AM

I would NOT take the antibiotics. NURSE NURSE NURSE. Try the straddling the baby with the boob hanging down move and compressions on the top part of the breast.  Seriously, only take the antibiotics if it gets to full blown mastitis and you have a huge spike fever, feel horribly sick, HUGE red streak across the breast etc. Antibiotics can cause WAY more problems then they are worth when it comes to nursing (most importantly thrush issues). Plugged ducts are not treated with antibiotics!!!

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Dangle nursing! That's where I had a clog and dangle nursing is what worked for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeng1980
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:36 AM

This!  And by the way after a duct becomes unclogged you will be sore for a few hours or possibly a day or two afterwards.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Dangle nursing! That's where I had a clog and dangle nursing is what worked for me.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM
Yes, mine was sore and felt bruised for a while after I got the clog out.

Quoting jeng1980:

This!  And by the way after a duct becomes unclogged you will be sore for a few hours or possibly a day or two afterwards.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenfey22
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM
THIS THIS THIS!!!!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Quoting aehanrahan: Yes, mine was sore and felt bruised for a while after I got the clog out.

Quoting jeng1980: This!  And by the way after a duct becomes unclogged you will be sore for a few hours or possibly a day or two afterwards.
Quoting aehanrahan: Dangle nursing! That's where I had a clog and dangle nursing is what worked for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)