• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been MIA for awhile:(

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM
  • 4 Replies
I have been terribly ill. The sickest I've been in my life. They say I have strep throat but it's been hanging on. I've been running a 103 temp and with breastfeeding nearly exclusively. I dehydrated really quickly. Being my crunchy self I refused to go to the dr and suffered in silence. That is when my body started to have spasms. If I went to stretch I would start firing off Charlie horses through my body head to toe. I started screaming bloody murder. I couldn't stop shaking and for my husband to even stroke my skin it hurt so badly I cried. He forced me to the hospital at that point. I vaguely remember them asking for my phone number and I kept giving them my ssn. My BP was super low. Lowest in my life. And my heart rate was in tachycardia. (over 150) had an iv put in and after a bag of fluids I started to come around. I noticed having a letdown again. First time that day. And ds eagerly drank it up. With meds and fluids I'm now back at home in bed and doing much better today. The fever has gone to low grade and no body pain. Just my throat feels like it's cracking and I lost my voice. I hope I never get that sick again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:46 AM

WOW I am glad you are feeling better atleast a little..very thankful hubby forced you to go to the hospital!

ashleybgarcia
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Man! Glad you're on the road to recovery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lishapoo36
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:01 AM
I'll never forget the wonderful nurse who took care of me. My ds kept trying to nurse and couldn't get a thing from my dehydration and he was just crying. The nurse instead of offering formula brought him in some apple juice and said this will hold him over until mama gets some milk going again. After a bag of fluids my milk started letting down again. I'm so happy that in my disoriented state he wasn't given formula because there's no way I could have stopped her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:04 AM

I am sorry you were so sick ((hugs)) - but so glad you had that nurse!

Picture131.gif breastfeeding image by Positivemom 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)