• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM
  • 11 Replies
DD is getting annoying with feeds. She will take so long to eat and will nurse for hours if I let her. She never seems to be happy unless she is on the breast. She won't nurse in the moby and so I'm selling that and trying to either get some CDs or another carrier to try. It's just annoying that she seems like she's never done.
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama02040608
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:07 AM
How old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nameismommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:14 AM
9wks
NationsMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM
My son was like that until he was 4 months. It's annoying your right. I just dealt with it so probably not much helP lol BUMP
maggiemom2000
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Growth spurt?

Daynaof3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:02 PM

How are her diapers? It is most likely a growth spurt, I wouldn't worry unless the diaper count is low(looking for at least 4-5+ sopping wets a day for her age). Does she have any other symptoms or behaviors going on?

kyriesmommy13
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:10 PM
Many newborns are on the breast constantly. Do you co-sleep? Is baby having at least 4-5 wet/messy diapers per day? Gaining adequately? If so, it is probably normal nursing behavior. The first 3 months are filled with constant growth spurts, so baby will need to nurse (almost) constantly. Do you have other kids or something else pressing you have to do other than nurse baby? If so, then find a sling or carrier that is compatible with nursing. If not, try to take this time to relax with and enjoy your new baby. This is such a short period of time in baby's life. Before you know it, you may be wishing for these days again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryngabby1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Quoting kyriesmommy13:

Many newborns are on the breast constantly. Do you co-sleep? Is baby having at least 4-5 wet/messy diapers per day? Gaining adequately? If so, it is probably normal nursing behavior. The first 3 months are filled with constant growth spurts, so baby will need to nurse (almost) constantly. Do you have other kids or something else pressing you have to do other than nurse baby? If so, then find a sling or carrier that is compatible with nursing. If not, try to take this time to relax with and enjoy your new baby. This is such a short period of time in baby's life. Before you know it, you may be wishing for these days again.

my son was eating ever hour an a half and would be on up to hour or more but was gaining about a lb a week but in will end soon and it will get easier =)
karina400
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Co sleep. Baby can nurse while you sleep. Then he may nurse less during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nameismommy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Diapers are fine but growth spurts lasting for weeks?

MumsTheWord571
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:04 AM

it is about the time for a growth spurt. it can be for a while or a couple of days, just depends. definitely get a different carrier and try nursing like that. Also, lying down was my fav!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)