• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really???!!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM
  • 21 Replies

so we took our daughter and son to the pool. my son is three weeks old and right as we got there he needed to eat. well i latched him on in the bathroom due to having to use a nipple sheild. well i walk into the pool area with my family breastfeeding and covered(even though it was stinkin hott) well i sit down and continue to feed him. once i sit down i uncover the top of his head so he doesnt over heat. well once he is almost done i start to fan him (mind you no one is around and watching closely) anyway i think things are goin fine. i enjoy the rest of the time at the pool with my family. well once we get home i see a girl has posted that she was grossed out by the fact i was, and apperntly so were the lifegaurds. well no one said anything to me while i was there. **just for the record if a woman with a son had come up to me and said she didnt like it i would have walked inside because it was hott and if she asked nicely** well i comment on the girls status that my son had the right to eat and she conitues to tell me that its wrong of me to breastfeed at a pool where kids and teenagers are playign and swimming. im soo irritated about it because nothing was showing, and last ngiht i breastfeed infront of a woman with a young son and she didnt say anything because i was covered up!! sorry i just had to vent.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabrielsmommy05
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM
It's ok mama sum ppl are ignorant ..! U do wat u hav to for baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harmonyceilings
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Ignorance, feel sorry for their closed minds, and proud of yourself!!! Good job!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Yup, yup!

Quoting harmonyceilings:

Ignorance, feel sorry for their closed minds, and proud of yourself!!! Good job!!

wife_army_mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Thanks ladies I am proud just upset Cus she posted it knowing I was her friend and would see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Quoting wife_army_mommy:

Thanks ladies I am proud just upset Cus she posted it knowing I was her friend and would see it.

Then she's not a very good friend and she doesn't have the spine to say it to your face either. Not worth the aggravation, forget her! =)

cpflum08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Some ppl just dont get it! And the fact it was your "friend" well that is even more sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife_army_mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM
She wasnt someone I hang out with, she was just a sgts daughter who is noisy..but she got married and is a big girl now so I knew I could tell her off kindly with out it coming back to bite the hubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanconnor
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Babys got to eat no matter where u r!! Moms should b more mature then that seeing we have all done it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hempmommy87
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM

How rude of her to post that for everyone to see! If she had an issue, she should've just talked to you about in in private...geez. How ignorant.

Blue_Spiral
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I'm so tired of hearing about this s***

I'm lucky, or rather THEY are lucky, that nobody has ever said anything derogatory to me and I don't cover up.

I don't think breasts should be considered "nudity" unless they are fake. Then you're just trying to get attention in a sexual way.

So, for me, if anyone has a problem with seeing my breasts then that is THEIR problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)