• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 month old shaking..*UPDATE!!**EDIT!!**

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:46 PM
  • 41 Replies

I'm nursing my almost 7 month old and she just started shaking.... It lasted about 10 good seconds. She continued to nurse through it. It's not cold in here at all. This happened before when she was younger but I figured it was because she was so young.

*UPDATE* Last night she started shaking again. She did it twice back to back. About ten seconds of shaking then 5 seconds fine, then another 10 seconds of shaking. I called the hospital and they said they don't know and to tell her pediatrician. It was 5 pm so he was already closed. I called today and he wants her to see a pediatric neurologist. My fiance doesn't think it's anything to worry about but I just want to be on the safe side.

*EDIT* Now I'm wondering what to do. The lady who made the appointment with me told me there are so many different types of seizures but she highly doubts this was a seizure since she was nursing at the time. When I asked if she thinks this is something to worry about she said, "absolutely not but I'll let you talk to the neurologist so he can tell you why she does this and what to look out for."

Now if it's nothing to worry about, I'm thinking I should just cancel the appointment so that my fiance doesn't have to call out and lose money for no reason. What do you think I should do?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I would get her checked out...I have never heard of that being normal!

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Oh my god. :'(

CuSukha
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I wouldn't get worried. My dd use to do that just because she found something new to do. If you have an appointment coming up soon? If so just ask the dr about it to put your mind at easy, but if she doesn't continue it I wouldn't worry about it at all.

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Her next appointment is in September.

Quoting CuSukha:

I wouldn't get worried. My dd use to do that just because she found something new to do. If you have an appointment coming up soon? If so just ask the dr about it to put your mind at easy, but if she doesn't continue it I wouldn't worry about it at all.

CuSukha
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Well if she continues to do it, I would just call in and get a professional opinion and see if they think she should come in.

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I'm gonna call Monday. If it happens again before then, I'll take her to the ER.

activitymode
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM
I would definitely get her checked out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaQuinny
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:11 PM
My son does that when he wakes up and makes shishi, like he gets the tingles or something :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Bump for update!

06-07mom
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Get her looked at but don't stress out about it! If she only does it when nursing then it's probably not anything major! I would be concerned if she did this often! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)