Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breastfeeding help please!! if you know ANYTHING about breastfeeding please open. UPDATE...UPDATE..UPDATE

morning ladies!!

i had my babygirl on friday the 1st and an hour after she was born i started breastfeeding her. She took to it immediatly and i started breastfeeding her on demand since then ( every couples of hours for about 40 minutes sometimes over an hour). I wanted to make sure i was doing it right and ask to see a lactation consultant and was told that because it was the 4th of July weekend, no lactation consultant was available and i had to rely on my nurses who really didn't help much besides telling me that to their knowledge i was doing a good job. Well fast forward 3 days and i'm now home with baby but my nipples are so sore that it hurts to lift my shirt so i had my SO go to the store and get me some formula for the day so i can let them heal. i'm almost depressed by this but it hurts so bad i couldn't even push through the pain i was in tears. My question is will i dry up and fail breastfeeding because of giving her formula for 24 hours and how can i make sure i succeed breastfeeing her because that's really what i want to do. PLEASE HELP ME, I DON'T WANT TO FAIL HER!!

UPDATE

I THINK WE FINALLY GOT IT! :) I PUMPED FOR THE NEXT 24 HOUR JUST TO WAIT FOR MY NIPPLES TO HEAL BECAUSE THEY WERE IN ROUGH SHAPE AND THEN I PUT HER BACK ON THE BREAST. IT DIDN'T SEEM TO CONFUSE HER THAT MUCH. IT STILL HURTS FOR THE FIRST MINUTE OR SO AND THEN IT'S JUST PRESSURE FROM HER SUCKING BUT I THINK THAT'S NORMAL (@ LEAST I HOPE LOL). SHE'S HAPPY AND HEALTHY SO FAR AND SHE PEES AND POOPS LIKE A CHAMP. (IT'S BRIGHT GREEN/YELLOW WITH WHAT LOOKS LIKE SEEDS IN IT AND THE DOC SAID THAT WAS PERFECTLY FINE). I'LL KEEP THIS UP AND HOPEFULLY IT WON'T HURT @ ALL ANYMORE SOON. I WANTED TO THANK YOU LADIES FOR BEING SO HELPFUL AND FOR MAKING ME FEEL LIKE I WAS CAPABLE OF DOING IT. U LADIES ARE THE BEST!!

ps: I STILL PUMP TWICE A DAY FOR WHEN WE'RE OUT AND ABOUT BECAUSE I HAVE NOT MASTERED NIP YET AND I'M NOT HIDING IN THE BATHROOMS TO FEED HER. BUT SINCE SHE'S ON MY BREAST LIKE 10 TIMES A DAY I DON'T THINK IT WILL HURT. THAT IS ALL FOR NOW. THANKS AGAIN!!

by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Replies (101-107):
MichelleDanelle
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 9:17 AM
I am going to pick up and try the cloth diapers at night too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sonogirl
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:45 PM
That's awesome news. I not a huge fan of NIP either but we just park the car far away in a lot and I feed her in the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chocolat-smiles
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Quoting Sonogirl:

That's awesome news. I not a huge fan of NIP either but we just park the car far away in a lot and I feed her in the car.

I did that yesterday actually. SO is going to get the windows tinted that way it will be even easier big smile mini

Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 10:04 PM

SO HAPPY you stuck with it!!  

The first weeks are so so hard but it will keep getting better and better-- we had similar problems to yours and it took several weeks for things to be pain free, but now we are 5 months going strong and I have no real desire to start solids for a long time!

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz: SO HAPPY you stuck with it!!  The first weeks are so so hard but it will keep getting better and better-- we had similar problems to yours and it took several weeks for things to be pain free, but now we are 5 months going strong and I have no real desire to start solids for a long time!

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:06 PM

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!! 

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

chocolat-smiles
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Quoting catholicmamamia:

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!! 

thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN