Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it teething? Or just a bug?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

I've heard of babies starting to teethe early but I can't tell if Taryn is not feeling well or if it really is teething.  She's 9, almost 10 weeks old and ebf.  Her diaper counts are excellent - about 8 soaking wet disposables a day and at least 1 if not more good size poos too.  

For the past 48 hours she has been so cranky it's unreal and it's like I live with a mini Jekyll and Hyde.  She's not running a fever but she's more clingy than usual (which I honestly didn't think was possible since she's pretty high needs as it is) and refuses to even sit in a sling or wrap - only my arms will do (I made the mistake of going on my major grocery run yesterday... never again will I do that while she is not up to par).  She's had 2 really mucousy poos in the last 24 hours and is drooling A LOT.  She's spitting up too which is unusual for her.  She is still nursing really well every 2-3 hours but she will latch on every hour in between for a few minutes and then pop off and fuss.  She has no fever at all.  She won't sleep more than 3 hours either - usually she'll get at least one good 5 hour stretch and two to three good 3 hour naps in.  Since yesterday morning she will sleep for maybe an hour and wake up like she is in pain and cry.  Normally she's a happy waker after every sleep.  

Does this sound like teething? Could it just be a bug?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
samuelsmom936
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:50 AM

BUMP!

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:11 AM
Yes, teething.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Yes, this is teething.

babytjsmum
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Thank you :)  Is there anything I can do to help her through it at this little?  I was thinking about getting a mesh feeder and trying some frozen breastmilk but I don't know if she's old enough for that yet.  I don't mind having her nurse all the time but I am waaay engourged from the constant nursing even after increasing my block feeding times.  Any tips?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)