Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sns

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
So after i had back surgery my supply groped bc of the mess and stress. Well I ordered a supplemental nursing system my baby's seven months and I'm afraid he's going to fight it too much to get it to work my lc said cause of his age to but one that would have immediate let down so he will realize what it's for but still stimulate my breasts I'm afraid that at this age he won't even try to latch properly also I have a dble electric pump to use bc he doesn't feed as often as I need him to relactate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jaydensmomma707
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Droped bc of meds and stress darn auto correct
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samuelsmom936
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:49 AM

BUMP!

MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:52 AM

are you taking anything to help up your supply? oatmeal, Mother's Milk Tea, Fenugreek.... etc etc?

I used an SNS while my DS was small, but stopped supplementing at 6 months so I can't really give you advice on starting it at 7 months. (BTW my supplementing was BAD advice from docs/LC's and they bullied me into it!!).

jaydensmomma707
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:11 AM
I am taking fenugreek eating oatmeal and drinking tons if water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM

OK. The SNS will help. Remember that your pumping output doesn't reflect supply.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

OK. The SNS will help. Remember that your pumping output doesn't reflect supply.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:28 PM

All you can do is give the SNS a try. If you do not need to use the SNS at every feed and your baby is resistant to it, you can try using it in a dimly lit room and/or when baby is drowsy. Nursing often, using gentle massage, and breast compressions will also help. 

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

jaydensmomma707
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM

thanx ladies!

sugarbaby143
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM
I used it for a few weeks when my lil one was tiny. She didn't fight it. Hope your experience goes well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)