Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's back again!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM
  • 4 Replies

My first period after having Olivia arrived on her first birthday. So that was June 3. It lasted about 5 days and it was pretty light. Then it came again on the 16th/17th and lasted another 5 days, it was heavier and was accompanied by cramps. So I assumed THIS was the real one and the first one was just my body trying to get back to normal.

This morning I just noticed it's back again! At first I thought maybe my husband scratched something last night but when I checked inside with toilet paper, it was pretty red. This is crazy! I guess I could understand if I go by the first one...that'd be a 36 day cycle which is somewhat normal for me. If I go by the second one, that's only a 23 day cycle. 

Other factors that may contribute.....I'm still bfing 2x a day, we've been having a lot more sex than usual (14 times in the past 15 days....and usually it's 3-4x a month!), I'm on the mini pill, trying to lose weight and using condoms. Is it normal to have 3 periods within 36 days? I guess this would explain why Liv hasn't wanted to really nurse much for the past 2 days...she sensed my period coming :-)

Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife,  Christian, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, breastfeedin, erfing, CIO method usin,  schedule stickin to, organic servin and eatin, as Green as I can get, wahm of 2. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers and she's still breastfeeding and rear facing!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers and he's still in a 5 pt harness!! 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
austinsmama1106
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Mine came back the day after Sophia turned 11 months (May 29th) and still hasn't returned. She still BF every 2-3 hours a day and once at night. I noticed no supply issue during mine though...

mama02040608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:35 AM
I think once it comes back, it can take some time to reset. The mini pill is also notorious for wonky periods...now you're bf less, it might just be more obvious. If it persists, it might be worth a visit to your OB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Quoting mama02040608:

I think once it comes back, it can take some time to reset. The mini pill is also notorious for wonky periods...now you're bf less, it might just be more obvious. If it persists, it might be worth a visit to your OB.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting mama02040608: I think once it comes back, it can take some time to reset. The mini pill is also notorious for wonky periods...now you're bf less, it might just be more obvious. If it persists, it might be worth a visit to your OB.

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)