Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about recurring thrush

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:38 AM
  • 2 Replies

I used the gentian violet and it worked perfectly. One problem I am having though is his thrush keeps coming back! He's had it since the day he left the hospital... he is now 2 months old and I think its coming back for the millionth time.. Always in different spots. I'm getting mad. I want SOME baby pictures without the I-Just-Ate-A-Smurf look to them. He doesn't use bottles and he only uses paci's for my mother and she rarely watches him.. And I pump but he only drinks that milk if, once again, my mother is watching him which is rarely. I'm just frustrated on why he keeps getting it. And if I should try something else to get rid of it for real?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Have you treated yourself? AND is the thrush bithering him? My guy has a yeasty mouth, always has but its not thrush necessarily and doesnt bother him

Kayere
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Yea I HAVE to treat myself everytime he gets it. I usually notice him getting it because I start hurting.. then I check his mouth and yup its back. So I just assume if I'm hurting, he must be hurting.. But it doesnt effect his feedings or anything, never has.. from what I can tell at least. But he's had it off and on since the day before he left the hospital so its possible it could bother him and I not know it... also he's an extremely happy baby.. As long as his diaper is changed and he isnt STARVING, He's fine and smiling. I've accidently smacked his head on something.. 3 times now. Only once did he complain and it was for maybe 10 seconds then he was fine.. even though he had a mean red mark and I know he smacked kinda hard :( My older son would have flipped over something like that at his age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)