Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overnight question

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
DH and I are attending a wedding in September and will be staying overnight. Sammy gets a bottle at least once a week because I will be going back to work soon. She will be 4 months old at the time of the wedding.

My question is, should I pump while away? Is there a chance she might not want to nurse after receiving bottles overnight?!

I'd really like to go to the wedding since they are good friends and I get a romantic overnight with my husband but I don't want to compromise BFing. Any input would be great. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommawhite08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:19 PM
You will need to pump (you could probably get by with every 6 hours) but baby should be fine after only 1 night. Have fun!
bec94
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM
You will probably want to pump because you may be uncomfortable. I was away for 10 hours and I had to hand express halfway through because my boobs were rock hard and hurt. 1 night not on a schedule shouldn't hurt supply and your dd should be ok going back to breast. She is used to both since you have been working with her. I personally didn't have issues. Have fun! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradysmom1225
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Thx Ladies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I think baby will be fine, YES pump while away and you can use ice packs to store the milk for 24 hours without needing a fridge.  My son takes bottles while I work and goes back to nursing just fine...just keep time away minimal and no bottles once home.  Make sure baby is not overfed while youa re gone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)