Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crawling

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
When did your lo start to crawl? My lo is kind of belly scooting ... Thought it was too soon... She is only 5 mo 1wk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blg5484
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM

DD started to scoot around at 3 1/2 months and belly off the floor at 4 1/2 she pulled up to stand at 5 months walked along the couch at 6 1/2 and took her first steps at 8 1/2 months she just made 1 and i cant stop her she climbs runs digs goes non stop

mama02040608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM
My youngest never "crawled"...he did this crabwalk thing from probably 8mos to 17mos when he started walking. He was very efficient with it and would crabwalk to wherever and then pull up and stand...but that walking stuff was apparently too dangerous;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
battisarah
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:09 PM
How old was your lo when they sat up on their own?

Quoting blg5484:

DD started to scoot around at 3 1/2 months and belly off the floor at 4 1/2 she pulled up to stand at 5 months walked along the couch at 6 1/2 and took her first steps at 8 1/2 months she just made 1 and i cant stop her she climbs runs digs goes non stop

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:16 PM

My youngest was probably 6-7 months when he could post to sit up, but he wasn't adept at staying that way for a while. Are you concerned about something?

battisarah
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM
No not really... My 1st was born right before 28wks so I always had to adjust her age for developmental appropriateness. This LO was not a preemie but im not really sure what the ages/stages are for a non-preemie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM

There is a wide range of normal for non-preemies, too :)

Even in my own family, all my kids but my youngest walked around their first birthday.  He decided not to walk until almost 18mos :)

If you google developmental milestones, there is a site run by NIH or some other reputable body that gives the age range and what skills should be mastered.

Melissa15
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:04 PM

About 9 months she was crawling, it was the first time ever I had left her, to visit my grandad in hosp... so my mum saw it first lol.. tbh I don't remember when she started scooting, she bum shuffled more maybe a month or 2 before crawling

maryo630
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM

My baby boy is  6 months and 1 week old.  He started "inch worming" around 5 1/2 months old.   He is now lifting his body off the ground and rocking back and fourth. He  also army crawls. 

Shani527
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM
She's the same. But she scoots backwards and round in circles and rolls lol but boy does she try hard to go forward. My older two about the same. They started full on crawling at about 6m
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

6-7 months for full on good crawling for dd. ds is only 4months so no crawling yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)