Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new pump older baby...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

• 12:53 PM

i finally got my own brand new medela pump. my only trouble is my supply is down cause my baby is 9 month old. but i brought it cause she has trouble taking a bottle or a even a slippy cup when i leave her. i dont work so it has been only a few times. but i nurse for a long, long time and it would be neat to leave some bm for my mom or d/h to give her along w her food if i go out for whatever reason. i'm going to start drinking more lactation tea. today i finally brought it out and used it. i got a bit over a o! :\
trying to feel good about buying a pump with a baby this old. anyone else do this? i did have one paid for by my insurance company. i had a very hard time with it. not a medela pump. just wondering...
thanx...
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM

BEST thing to do is pump in the morninsg first thing..make it a part of your routine and do it everyday, it will get your body used to responding to a pump, and morning is when supply is the highest

dancingthrulife
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:17 PM

tankx

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

BEST thing to do is pump in the morninsg first thing..make it a part of your routine and do it everyday, it will get your body used to responding to a pump, and morning is when supply is the highest

cadlecr4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I only work sunday mornings. I pump one bottle for DD so she can eat. It takes a bit of patience pumping. You dont get as much milk as you would if you were bfing.  Drink plenty of water before you pump.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Our breasts were not designed to "feed" a pump.. :o) So while some moms are able to pump at any point and respond well to a pump, other moms do not have this same experience and find they have to train their breasts to respond to a pump. Heat, massage, drinking a beverage, and relaxation can help in this process.  

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jul. 12, 2011 at 5:07 AM
I agree with Tabi and Mia!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)