Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Pump

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hey ladies! I just had my baby 5 weeks early. She is in the NICU and isn't strong enough to feed from the breast. I have been using the hospital's pump but when I am discharged I won't be able to use it. I wanted to ask which pump you moms had the best luck with? Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Melissa15
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Can't you rent it, for as long as you need it?  I don't know about best since i've only used the avent single electric one but it was good for me. :) Congratulations!

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM
I rented one from the hospital for 2 months then bought a medela advanced double electric backpack. I like both pumps (the hospital grade one was also medela).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forgetmenotcj
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I use the Medela Pump in Style - it's a double electric pump. Works great and everyone I know loves it to (as much as you can love a pump lol). Good luck with your baby, I hope the baby gets out of NICU asap!

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Medela Pump in Style and Ameda Purely Yours are two of my favorites. 

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Ameda purely yours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Rent the hosptial grade one, or purchase a Hygeia Enjoye, Ameda Purely Yours, or Medela Pump in Style

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 10, 2011 at 7:12 PM

I personally prefer the Medela Freestyle over the pump in style, the membranes are thicker, its hands free and battery powered, no place to plug in needed except to recharge.  Its a double pump just like the pump in style.  Its small and easy to carry around with you so you can go places and pump while out.  Heck I used it to pump while driving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)