Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hiking with a 2yr old at the Grand Canyon. Suggestions?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
Were staying two day, taking the baby carrier, bags of healthy snacks, and a cooler of water and juice, and ofcourse all the necesseties.
Have you ever gone on a trip like that with a toddler? Is there anything you didnt bring that you wished you had?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BFelty01
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM
Bump! I have never done this so hopefully someone can help you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambertink
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Its too hot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Not me. That sounds hot & like hard work. Don't think I'd try it but have fun and hope someone else can answer you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stardar
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:44 PM
I would worry about the heat too

Quoting ambertink:

Its too hot!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvs708
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:48 PM
maybe one of thise toddler leash things. cause im sure he /she wont want to be in backpack the entire time. maybe something like watermellon. thats kids will usually eat in case u cant get him to drink enough.
have fun! we go hiking w r kids. they r fine. but we v never done an overnight like that. our ds is 3 and dd is 16mo :) ull be fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MattsLilly
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Make sure you bring something for you child to nap on, babies/toddlers get more tired quickly and you will stop more frequently. I live a very active life style and my kids go everywhere with me from camping to hiking.

JasonsMom2007
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Are you camping? We are camping in yosemite this weekend
Lots of snacks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debbie8701
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM
I'm sorry i dont have any advise but i went there at the end of Feb for the first time and it is very beautiful! i hope you have a great time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marilyn623
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM

sun screen!! lol one time we went camping, we had everything packed, got to the campsite and realised i forgot the diaper bag by the door at home. epic fail lol. we had to drive about 30 miles to buy a small pack of ridiculously overpriced ones at a general store! haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)