Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get it out, right??

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:51 PM
  • 26 Replies
Ds1 is due in a few weeks. I am breastfeeding determined. Enfamil has sent me three different cans of formula. One lady I worked with told me to have a can on hand in case I get a clogged duct in the middle of the night. But I have seen in this group and I agree that if its in the house during the rough times I may become weak.
Help me out ladies, I should get this stuff out of my house ASAP right????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tessamalk
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I would say yes, make it go away! There are probably places where you can donate it so mothers who can't breastfeed (or for whatever reason, choose not to) and are low-income can have access. Maybe a women's shelter?

DragonRiderMD
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM

If you get a clogged duct, the best thing for it is to NURSE, constantly. That woman didn't know what she was talking about.

Definitely get rid of it. Donate it to a shelter or something.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:02 PM

You can and SHOULD nurse with a clogged duct thats the BEST way to get it out!! SIGHHHHHH

I donated my formula samples...no such thing as all of a sudden drying up unless put on birth control(this happened to me) and theres 24 hour stores now worries

Get rid of it!

Dabberdoo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:05 PM

I always kept mine until my most recent baby, number 6.  I'm so happy he hasn't had one drop of formula and after having successfully nursed my twins (who never had any formula), I felt confident not having any formula in the house.  Honestly, if something atrocious happens and you HAVE to have formula, your baby wouldn't die of starvation in the time it took you to run to a store and get some. 

And, yeh, on the clogged duct, you nurse through them.

TotallyConfused
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM
Yep you should donate that stuff asap!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stellarluna
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM

DONATE IT!!!!  Don't give yourself options and STICK TO IT!!!  You'll be so glad you did... one of the top three mommy decisions I HAVE EVERY MADE!!!!! 

The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers 

great book!  And get familiar with your local La Leche League and attend meetings and you'll build a great support system and have plenty of people to turn to that relate to exactly what you're going through!  

kyriesmommy13
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Agreed!! Get rid of it, asap!!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

You can and SHOULD nurse with a clogged duct thats the BEST way to get it out!! SIGHHHHHH

I donated my formula samples...no such thing as all of a sudden drying up unless put on birth control(this happened to me) and theres 24 hour stores now worries

Get rid of it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adele1983
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM

i would get rid of it the only way to clear a blocked duct is to breastfeed constantly.. speaking from experience i've had mastitis twice... so i know what i was told by my doc

Sonogirl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:24 PM
I agree. Toss it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughterHugs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:28 PM

YES

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)