Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Naproxen(Aleve) while breastfeeding

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:15 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have been having neck and back problems for a while now... and well to make a long story short, My dr thinks I might have a pinch nerve or a buldging disc.. I am going to have to have a cat scan and the dr has given me naproxen sodium (controlled-release tablets).. other wise none as Aleve.  She know I breastfeed and told me to take the pill when I would be going the longest without breastfeeding, which is at bed time. When I visited Kellymom.com.. I notice it says that it is an L3 for short term use and an L4 for chronic use.. I have done took the pill and now I am a little frightened from the information I found.. )=  Have any one here takent his kind of meds?.. did you see any kind of reaction in your LO?  I am confused about the pills and if it is going to hurt my 17month old?.. can anyone help me out?

by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Dabberdoo
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:34 AM

I took it once when my first was maybe 5 or 6 months old?  She projectile vomited until it was out of my milk.  How would your little one react?  I don't know but I don't take it ever.

smilee_kat
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 9:30 AM

That is terrible... My DS has BF'ed this morning.. he just went back to sleep (which is normal).. so maybe it will not affect him.. or atleast I am hoping.. maybe I should just not take it at all.  ....

Dabberdoo
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Quoting smilee_kat:

That is terrible... My DS has BF'ed this morning.. he just went back to sleep (which is normal).. so maybe it will not affect him.. or atleast I am hoping.. maybe I should just not take it at all.  ....

Just follow the advice of your health care provider and if you don't have any trouble, that's great!  I just couldn't use it for some reason.  It is SUPPOSED to be safe.  My baby just couldn't tolerate it.  frown mini 

Follow my blog, Kelly's Kapers, and read about my journey to my first 5K, a more "natural" way of living and the crazy things that happen in a home with 6 children!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN