Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How old is too old to nurse a child?

Posted by   + Show Post

In your opinion?

by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Replies (101-106):
mama2gg
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Just a personal opinion here (I have never bf this will be my first try so I may change my mind) but I came image myself doing it past 1 year or walking and talking
mamabens
by Miranda on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Woah this is an old one. lol Having said that I couldn't imagine going past 6 months, then it came & went, I couldn't imagine going past 1 it came & went. It's not as weird as you think it would be when you actually get there. Plus my son was walking & talking very plainly at 10 months.

Quoting mama2gg:

Just a personal opinion here (I have never bf this will be my first try so I may change my mind) but I came image myself doing it past 1 year or walking and talking

mama2gg
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Lol..yeah like I said I have ZERO experience in bf so for all I know I could go well into 2 or even 3 :)

Quoting mamabens:

Woah this is an old one. lol Having said that I couldn't imagine going past 6 months, then it came & went, I couldn't imagine going past 1 it came & went. It's not as weird as you think it would be when you actually get there. Plus my son was walking & talking very plainly at 10 months.

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM
We hit 2 recently and this lil man is no where near stopping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Millertime77
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

when the child is ready to wean.  Still nursing my 23 mo. old and when he is ready to quit, that is when we will move on.   I personally cannot stand it when people will ask me if my son is still nursing-they will say things like, "well he's over a year old, and "he's got teeth".  As if once they turn one year old, the old tap shuts off, or when people say "when they can ask for it"-well my son has been asking for it since he was nine months old, should I have cut him off then?  PEOPLE! :) Do what is right and comfortable for you and your child.  Don't let outsiders influence your decision. :)

NowImAMom...
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:40 AM
There's a woman in India that got pregnant at 70 or 72 (she's not sure of her actual age) through ivf 20 years after menopause and she's successfully breastfeeding. Don't feel old!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Quoting ThePinkRobot:

I don't even know if you're asking about the age of the mother or the child…

ha ha! I didn't even think of that! I'm 44 (and nursing DD) and sometimes I feel too old!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)