Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Ok ladies. I'm determined to breastfeed longer than the hospital stay this time. I am going to need LOTS of encouragement. I always get so stressed out and frustrated with it that I give up. But not this time!!!!
With that said, what are some things I will need to make it easier on me. I'm a stay at home mom so the pump I don't 'need'. I'm talking things like...nursing tops? I bought a nursing cover up but didn't know if the nursing tops are actually something I need. How many nursing bras? What's easiest for night feedings (pj wise) basically some BTDT experiences that make it easier for you. Please help. And I'm serious about the encouragement lol I'm due in 5 weeks so we have time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 1:13 AM
Replies (51-60):
devoesgirl
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I love my sleep bra that I bought at the hospital. I sleep in it with nsg pads every night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Sep. 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly the only thing I NEEDED was my breasts.  I did buy a nursing tank from Target & wore it to death. never wasted money on a cover because layering & using the tank  was much less obvious.  I just wore my regular night gowns or t shirts to bed & lifted them when he was ready to eat. If you are determined to do this nothing will stop you. I never owned a nursing top & rarely used my boppy pillow.

eema.gray
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I don't do nursing bras, LOL.  On my budget, they are expensive and no better than a good sport bra ('ve bought one "real" bra in the past 5 years).  I also don't do nursing tops.  Instead, I wear a tank top under my regular shirt and do the pull one down, lift the other up manuver.  It's pretty discreet for those who care about discretion, modest by my personal standards, and allows me to keep doing what I'm doing rather than having to sit down and cover up.

For night time, I just don't wear anything on top.

Steamedpuddle30
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Why a water bottle?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Quoting Steamedpuddle30:

Why a water bottle?

Keep your water with you on the go. 

katierose0324
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Breastfeeding pillow, nipple cream, possibly nipple shield, boob, baby :) That's what I used most of the time :) I thought this was a great list - liked that it was compiled be real people:

http://www.mamasaywhat.com/ask-the-mamas-breastfeeding-essentials/

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I bf my first for 23 months. My second is going strong at 6 months. Honestly, you need to stay simple. If you don't need a pump, don't get or use one! The only things I have needed are nursing tanks (I wore these under normal shirts. I despise nursing tops), nursing pads (cloth worked better than disposables for me), and a good water bottle that I could keep filled. Nice things? A boppy for when you're at nume nursing while at the dinner table, the computer, or doing bills during the first few months. Nursing bras just because sometimes it makes me feel dressier. Haha. And a light blanket to half wrap half bunch around dd's head while I'm nip. Won't get her hot, and won't attract attention like covering with a nursing cover or over-the-shoulder-blanket would. 

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Oh, and at night I just wore the same oversized tshirts that I've been wearing to bed for years. No bra underneath. Just lift and nurse. In the beginning when I was spraying milk out of the other breast while feeding, I had a hand towel handy to catch the stream 

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I have nursing bras, pads and a cover. I never used the cream. I never needed it.
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Mine still do that lol.

Quoting littlelambe2:

Oh, and at night I just wore the same oversized tshirts that I've been wearing to bed for years. No bra underneath. Just lift and nurse. In the beginning when I was spraying milk out of the other breast while feeding, I had a hand towel handy to catch the stream 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)