Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Night feeding help?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
Allie wakes up probably once or twice in the middle of the night to nurse still and I don't have a problem with that but for some reason my milk is not letting down or taking forever to let down in the middle of the night and I don't understand why. I have never given her a bottle in the middle of the night, at least not since she was a newborn, we cosleep and I nurse her whenever she wakes up but I've been dreading nighttime lately cause she gets pissed when my milk won't let down and screams, I try switching sides until I let down and sometimes it takes like 5 minutes or more of switching sides and her screaming before it happens, sometimes she eventually just goes to sleep with the pacifier after a while and never eats. I don't have this problem at all during the day, only in the middle of the night and I don't understand!
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mom_to_Skyler
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Do you wait until she's wide awake?  Stress will make it harder for your milk to let down. 

If she's only nursing a couple of times a night, I would nurse as soon as she stirs.  You will be sleepy (relaxed) and she won't be awake enough to be angry.

Good luck!

pwebster12
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Quoting pwebster12:

Bump?

MomNtheRes
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Try upping your water intake through out the day. Anxiety will make it harder to let down, so like pp said try and relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaylasMaMa06
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Sounds like supply is low. Mine is low and that's what DS does. Do you notice it anyother time or just at night?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Supply is normally lower at night. Make sure you're getting her as fast as possible; don't wait to see if she'll go back to sleep, much as you probably want to!

What you write is really quite normal.

flowersmama
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

the best thing i can say other than relax is water water water! oh yeah and more water the more hydrated you are the better your supply will be

pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)