Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weaning question

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:11 AM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter is weaned and we did it gradually.Im 3m pregnant so my supply slowly decreased and the weaning was smooth.. When I squeeze my nipples a few drops of milk form but it doesnt squirt out like before..so Im guessing my milk dried up..

On some days I feel a slight soreness and pain in my left breast..My right breast is fine..I get DD to nurse, she does it for a few mins and latches off and that relieves me..I doubt any milk comes coz her latch is very diff now..Other than that she doesnt nurse or ask for it..

Could this be milk filling up??  Im scared of thrush or mastitis(though I hv never had them). Anything I can do to relieve the discomfort? Im just worried coz if there is a prob I cant take any meds coz of the pregnancy..

Thanks !!!

Stay at Home Mom to my beautiful princess, just started a new website and blog for financial information and education www.ranichopra.com  

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hopinforanother
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:13 AM

IDK...I nursed through my entire pregnancy. All 41 weeks and 4 days.

mama02040608
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM
I don't think it's either. If it's not constant and unbearable, I wouldn't sweat it. Keep tabs on it, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom6
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:30 AM
BUMP
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Mine did this even though I nursed while preggers, its just milk ducts being weird

Quoting mama02040608:

I don't think it's either. If it's not constant and unbearable, I wouldn't sweat it. Keep tabs on it, though.

happymom6
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Thanks !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)