Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'll miss formula feeding.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM
  • 18 Replies

Im nervous of this. My lil one will be here next month and I really want to give breastfeeding a better shot than I have before. I will have more time to do just that. Im not working or plan to and both my older children will be in school this year.

I guess the real issue is that I was comfortable formula feeding...and found it incredibly difficult to nurse.

*sigh* I just want to enjoy my time with my baby....regardless.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CountryGirl0809
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM

its the easiet thing after you get the hang of it.   its so much easier than making a bottle.  its just gettig through the first coupl weeks.   determination is really all it takes

momadrift
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:44 AM
Good luck and congrats! We're here if you need us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM
The change from ffing to bfing can be scary in thought. I mostly ff my older two but ebf my 3rd and 4th. The release of hormones and the downtime required for bfing is awesome and relaxing. I enjoy watching my child grow and know its from me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Power through the first few weeks.  It gets SOOOOO much better and easier.

Sheryllinn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Thanks ladies:) Glad I joined the group. I didnt have much support w/ my first 2 because I never knew anyone else who breastfed or understood breastfeeding.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM
Get the book So that's what they're for by janet tamaro...it'll ease some fears and give you another resource
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanDream
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM

This.

My favorite part about nursing now is that I don't have to *do* anything when my baby wakes up for her 4am-it's not time to wake up but I'm hungry!!-feeding.  All I have to do is roll over (or at most pull her out of the bassinet and then roll over) and we're good.  Right back to sleep.

Quoting deccaf:

Power through the first few weeks.  It gets SOOOOO much better and easier.

FLmommy0204
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I formula fed my first and it was such a relief!  It hurt just to hold her.  But this time, I'm at 3 1/2 months and doing well.  each baby is different.  Try not to let any past issues deter you and check in here if you have problems as they are a BIG HELP! 

CuSukha
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I have no idea what to say....lol I would be heartbroken if I couldn't breastfeed so guess I'm the opposite. I really don't think you'll miss nasty spit up, the gross smell, cleaning bottles, having to boil water and make the formula with a crying baby, stains all over everything. I think if you truly commit to breastfeeding you will see its a beautiful thing and if you plan on having other children formula really doesn't compare to the bond you will have when you have that alone time with your child. Anyone can stick a bottle in a kids mouth. I say don't just said I'll give it a chance, say I'll do it and you will, its really an experience that all moms should go through, its apart of motherhood. Good luck

Char07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM

From someone at a LLL mtg:

She describes nursing as being more difficult in the beginning than formula, it can be hard to get the hang of but once time goes by a little and you and baby are in sync with eachother and nursing is getting easier it end up getting easier than formula feeding could ever be, formula feeding doesn't ever get any easier it just stays the same no matter how long you've been doing it.  For me it was always so easy to throw a diaper and a few wipes in my purse and know I didn't need anything else for my dd when out, no bottles to bring or mix or warm.  I drew a chart to describe the curve I'm explaining, Ill post it from my phone in a minute :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)