• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 months and suddenly sooo sore

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM
  • 8 Replies
My son just turned 1 on the 4th and I want to scream most times when he nurses. I don't know why. Well, that's not entirely true. My right nipple has a slit in it so it burns when he latches. But both nipples are sooo sore whenever he's eating and sometimes when he's not. Anyone have a clue as to why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jenniferw10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM

pregnant? Sounds like a few of the complaints I have heard before when the mother is pregnant. I think you should test!!

QuickMomma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Sounds like thrush especially since theres a cut and it burns.

Kaydence2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM
I'm going through the same thing with my 17 month old because she's cutting another molar. Her larch changes because of the different feeling of her teeth and I didn't notice until it was too late
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2MasonNRyder
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM
I tested bc my period is late, I guess lol since its not very regulated, and it was negative. I'm trying to wait a week to test again. .......would thrush have any other symptoms or ways of knowing that's what it is?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2MasonNRyder
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:39 AM
He's def teething but only has 4 teeth and hasn't cut any new ones yet. Would it change before or after the teeth cut?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuickMomma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Thrush is awful and hurts like someone is taking glass and cutting it.Your nips would be lighter in color or red or even white.Look in your sons mouth if there is white in his mouth almost cottage cheese like try to wipe it off with a cloth if it does not come off then its thrush or if it comes off and theres red sores also it does not have to be like cottage cheese could just be lil white bumps in the mouth.

I nursed when I was pregnant and it hurt but not that bad.Just stung a bit.

Quoting Mom2MasonNRyder:

I tested bc my period is late, I guess lol since its not very regulated, and it was negative. I'm trying to wait a week to test again. .......would thrush have any other symptoms or ways of knowing that's what it is?

gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Thrush or teething saliva, which is very acidic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)