Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this weird or is it me....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM
  • 7 Replies

Haven't been on in a while.but me and Malachi had a time weaning. 4 straight days and nights of screaming but we made it. So here is the question. We stopped b/f at 19 months, but he is still highly interested in boobs not just mine just about anybodies. He has to have his hand in your shirt to sleep almost like a securtiy blanket or something. What can you do to stop him or is this just something they go threw..My lil man turned two on07/21/2009 and is still tring b/f. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mama02040608
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:06 AM
He wasn't probably ready. Hence the screaming. But think of it this way: the boobs were security and love for most of his life to this point. My youngest hasn't nursed since Feb. and still nuzzles my breasts when he's tired. I redirect him if he tries grabbing them, but otherwise, I'm good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM

It's normal...

Not sure what to do to get him to stop. I let my girls wean themselves...

summerbear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Oh, and congrats on over a tear and a half of BFing!!

CountryGirl0809
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:12 AM
He wasn't ready. If a child is ready it will be no problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

This

Quoting mama02040608:

He wasn't probably ready. Hence the screaming. But think of it this way: the boobs were security and love for most of his life to this point. My youngest hasn't nursed since Feb. and still nuzzles my breasts when he's tired. I redirect him if he tries grabbing them, but otherwise, I'm good.

fjlovely
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:05 PM
It was because of medical reasons...I cried with each and ever day and night...

Quoting mama02040608:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM

fj, 99% of the time when a doc tells a woman she must wean the doc is wrong. If you don't want to share publicly, shoot me a message and we can see whether your doc is actually more like a duck (quack quack). **smile**

Baby's behavior is 100% normal. You can discourage it the same way you'd discourage ANY unwanted behavior. Hoever, you may be able to go back to nursing. Let's check it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)