Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pissing the Night Away (diaper leakage)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM
  • 21 Replies

I need some help with night time diaper leakage.

LO is 9 months old and over 22 pounds. She has a co-sleeper, but inevitably I wake up with her in my arms in bed. And also inevitably, she has leaked out of the diaper and onto to bed. I have tried size 4 and size 5 disposables (she has to be squeezed into 4s, but fits 5s just fine.) I have tried
Just the Basics
Parents Choice
Luvs
Huggies Snug N Dry
Walgreens brand

She's prone to diaper rash so I don't want to leave her in a cloth diaper all night. I can put rubber pants over the disposable, but that encourages the diaper rash. I've tried changing her in the middle of the night (she cries while my heart breaks), but it seems to leak out of the sides.

What can I do?

**UPDATE**
So it IS an absorbency issue. I tried Pampers Cruisers, and she almost got through the night. Almost. I also tried Bumgenius pocket loaded with 3 inserts, and that didn't make it 5 hours. I'll keep trying the suggestions posted here as the opportunities (diaper types) present themselves.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
personal.legend
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM

have you tried like...huggies overnight diapers? we had to use these for our son for awhile

lilblu399
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:59 AM
What about huggies little movers or pampers cruisers? Huggies also makes an overnight diaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stardar
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Have you tried Huggies or pampers night diapers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Pampers crusers work great for my ds that sleeps 12 hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydensmomma13
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM
I have twin boys that nurse (and pee) a lot at night. Huggies overnights are the only that that keeps my bed dry. Reg pampers and their extra protection still leaked for us =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FLmommy0204
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I do a size bigger at night so if she fits good in the 5s, try a 6 at night.  Or maybe a pull up if they fit.  I like the pampers diapers but not sure if brand will make too much difference. 

I've also heard, but not tried, to put a pad in side the diaper to help.  Not sure what size, but maybe an overnight flow? 

mama02040608
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM
If she fits fine in the 5, go up to a 6. This was how we always knew the kids had to change diaper sizes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aandie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Fisher price makes the best overnight diaper you can find them at babies r us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncbirdie
by Robyn on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Change the diaper in the middle of the night, before she leaks.

lundaylove
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM

try the earths best chlorine free ones. they hold a TON for my lil one but we use cloth now even at night and havent had any diaper rashes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)