Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumping/Donating Question!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok, so, we're moving next month across country and I had about 40oz of breastmilk in our deep freezer...considering Andrew has only had 3 bottles (from the three times I went out with girlfriends...each a month apart)...I knew we would not go through those...especially because I tended to pump the day I went out that evening AND hubby normally ended up calling me to nurse him to sleep anyways...

SOOO...I have the stash and got connected through our LC with a woman who adopted and has a baby near Andrew's age who wants the milk.  We're going to do the *exchange* on Sept 3 and I told her I'd pump daily from then until now (before now, I've just been doing it on occasion to help build a stash before we knew when we were moving)....so, I've been pumping first thing in the morning when Andrew only has one breast before his morning nap...I've been lucky to get around 3-4 oz out of that breast :D

AND...the question:  Can I just stop this morning pumping cold turkey or do I need to wean myself from it as I think my body is getting used to it?  I don't really want to be pumping while we are driving (we leave middle september)...but I also don't want to get mastitis or anything...

Adivce? 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM
SSince its only one pumping you should do fine cutting it out cold turkey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ecagle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

SSince its only one pumping you should do fine cutting it out cold turkey

Great! Thanks! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)