Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast pain/tenderness

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have a question. I just had my son on 7/22 and have been breastfeeding/pumping for him since. But today my breasts have started to hurt really bad. Just sitting on the couch they are super sore and hurt even worse when I am holding DS and he touches them. Unfortunately my Doc's office is closed now so I can't call to ask what I can or should do to help with the pain. I've tried icing, warm cloths, and even pumping to try and keep the supply as low as possible right now. Anyone have any advice or idea why they hurt so bad??

*ETA* one hurts in the nipple area and the underside, while the other just hurts on the outside and underside. 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wishonafish
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:12 PM

anyone??

mama02040608
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM
Thrush? Go to kellymom.com and search thrush. Symptoms and treatments are there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:48 PM
It could be a few things - thrush or clogged ducts is my guess. Pumping regularly will increase your supply, so you may be really full of milk. If it gets stuck in a duct it turns into a clogged duct. Hot shower, heating pad, & massage while pumping or baby is eating will help get it out

If you start to get flu like symptoms, call your dr!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)